The Club is planning to open from Saturday 4th July in-line with Government regulations, from Midday. The new opening hours are as follows –
Mon..Thurs – 3:00PM -> 11:00PM
Fri..Sat – Midday to Midnight
Sun – Midday to 11:00PM.
To enable us to open safely and in a compliant manner there are some new bylaws that have been introduced which will remain in place during the current situation –
- All members must carry with them and tap their 2020 Membership card. This is to comply with the law which demands that we retain customer information for 21 days. There is no flexibility here – no Card means no drink. So if you have lost your card or need a replacement please contact the Club before attending (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We have had to redesign the internal seating arrangement of the Club to comply with Social distancing laws. This means that no more than 55 people can be inside the Club at any one time (excluding staff). Note the seats and tables should not be moved from their initial positions.
- Further seating will be available outside which members are encouraged to use in preference to sitting inside. However the Patio area will become a non-smoking area and smokers are requested to use the new Smoking Area in the Car Park. Times will be limited out of respect for our neighbours.
- The Car Park will be closed to all traffic to allow appropriate social distancing of those using the outside areas.
- The Club has a new one way system in place in certain parts. Please observe the notices and follow the directions where appropriate.
- If sitting inside you will be asked to take a seat (no standing) and drinks will be served to your table. Outside users can order from the single Bar Order Point by following the one way system. We ask that you pay by Credit/Debit card in preference to cash. Cashback will not be available.
- No Guests are permitted in the Club during this time (except for Spouses under Rule 9(h)). Children will be not allowed until further notice.
- Snooker, Darts and other sports have been disabled to minimise the contact between members and free up more space in the Club for social distanced seating.
- The TV’s will remain off until we have a chance to review the impact on the Club seating and distancing arrangements. There will be no Entertainment nights until further notice – Bingo, Quizzes, bands, etc
- All Gaming machines are in use with appropriate space around them. Sanitiser and wipes are available to clean the machines before and after use. Please note that any cash-out tickets cannot be exchanged for cash until the following day to allow the money to be counted in a safe manner.
- Hand Sanitiser stations have been placed around the Club and members are encouraged to use them frequently.
- All staff have been provided with the correct PPE – please respect them as they manage to deliver a service in these unusual times.
- Whilst we have tried to maintain our selections of food and snacks, due to circumstances beyond our control some drinks and snacks will be unavailable. Please choose something different.
The Club looks very different from the last time you visited and we ask you to be patient whilst we adjust to the new world. We will continue to review all the measures put in place weekly based on current legislation and our experience as we become more familiar operating in these times.
However for everyone’s safety members are reminded that failure to comply with the above bylaws puts all members health in danger and may result in suspension from the Club until normal conditions resume.
We look forward to seeing you again but if you feel unsure, unwell or nervous about coming up please wait for another time. The Club has been here over 110 years and it will still be here when it’s safe for everybody to return and we burn the marking tapes of social distancing on the Altar of normality.